Saturday 25 February 2012

Essential oils & facial massage: Sanctuary Ultimate Facial Cleansing Oil

There has been such hype in the beauty industry about the benefits of facial cleansing oils that I thought I'd get in on the action and try one out for myself. I chose the Sanctuary's Ultimate Facial Cleansing Oil as it promises to 'remove make-up, purify and moisturise in one'; and if there's anything my skin needs right now it's moisture!


Contrary to popular belief, using a facial cleansing oil doesn't increase oil production in the skin. It can in fact help regulate your skin's natural oils and lead to a more balanced complexion. So, for anyone with combination or oily skin, don't be afraid to get in on the action too! The great thing about this cleansing oil is that it rinses off as a milk and leaves no oily residue.


Sanctuary Ultimate Facial Cleansing Oil 150ml 

The instructions on the back of the bottle advise massaging a few pumps of oil into dry skin, and the first thing I noticed upon doing so was the lovely scent- a combination of 'plant extracts and essential oils'. It smells so relaxing and uplifting, making it a real treat to use. After massaging for a minute or two, working especially on problem areas, I added a few splashes of warm water which turns the oil into a milk, massaging a little longer before rinsing clean.


My skin felt instantly smoother and the patches of red dermatitis I often experience on my cheeks/forehead felt soothed; pink instead of red and raised. My skin didn't feel tight at all, although I always add moisturiser after cleansing for an added skin drink.


The Sanctuary recommend cleansing twice, 'once for surface dirt, and a second time for deeper impurities', and as the oil smells so lovely and feels rather luxurious, it would make a great addition to a home spa facial, as well as being an ideal everyday cleanser.


A definite skin care hit :)


Sanctuary Youth Boosting Facial Ultimate Facial Cleansing Oil £12.99 (150ml)


Full range of Sanctuary skin care products

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to stop by! I read and reply to every comment and would love to hear what you think x