Tuesday 13 August 2013

Review | Just Pink by Next

Just Pink Fragrance Trio Set, £10 at Next

I don't know about you, but I like to mark every season with a particular perfume. Throughout Spring I used Wonderstruck by Taylor Swift, which I absolutely love as it's light, sweet, yet musky enough to have depth to it. In Autumn I like wearing Radiance by Britney Spears (yep, I'm a celebrity fragrance lover!) and in Winter I like a heavier scent with a sensual kick, such as Calvin Klein Euphoria and Ghost Deep Night. All year round I favour J'Adore by Christian Dior for 'special occasions', although I'm open to trying anything and everything in the world of fragrance, really. Having run out of Wonderstruck a few weeks ago I needed a new (very affordable) spring/summer perfume and when I came across this adorable gift set in Next I decided to give it a go. 

A very helpful sales assistant handed me a wad of paper perfume tester cards to spritz all of their fragrances on, and I decided on Just Pink as it seemed like a perfect summer scent. To be honest I liked all of the scents I tried, from the luxurious Cashmere to the subtle and gentle Nude, but Just Pink had that summer edge I was searching for! Next describe Just Pink as 'a fresh green floral fragrance with soft fruits and pink blooms' which in itself sounds very summery and fresh indeed. I'm not exactly a scent expert (!) but on first applying the Just Pink eau de parfum I can detect a sweet, slightly 'tangy' green floral burst followed by a softer, slightly musky, creamier fruity smell. It does retain a slight 'tangy' tone when settled, but in a refreshing way rather than in an unpleasant way! 

How's that for my first scent description?! Ha, maybe it will help if I add that it smells rather reminiscent of both Dior's Miss Dior and Soap & Glory's original pink scent... *Mmm* 






This particular set is fantastic value, as it includes a 30ml eau de parfum, 10ml roller ball and 7g solid fragrance, all for £10. I love the idea of the roller ball as it fits perfectly in even the smallest of handbags and is also great for travelling. The solid fragrance is also something I'm super excited about as there's nothing worse than the dreaded perfume leak in your make-up bag! With this balm-like pot I don't have to worry about spillage or leakage, and it's so easy to apply. 

I've found Just Pink to have excellent lasting power, requiring only a brief touch up in the late afternoon if originally applied in the morning. Admittedly the packaging also sold this trio to me, as the perfume bottle is so cute! OK, I know it looks remarkably similar to Dior's Miss Dior... 
But it is really nice and looks so pretty on my dressing table. 

Having had a good sniff of most (if not all!) of Next's perfumes I'd highly recommend giving them a go if you're a gal on a fragrance budget. The gift sets would make lovely Christmas presents as well, so be sure to keep an eye out for new packages in the run up to Christmas. I can't believe it's almost September already! 

Have you tried Next perfumes before? Do you ever go for high street/drugstore brands or do you prefer to stick to specific fragrance brands? I'd love to hear your thoughts!

Browse Next fragrance here

Baci e abbracci, 

                                                           
                                                       post signature


4 comments :

  1. I desperately need some perfume as I'm at the very bottom of my bottle! This scent sounds fab though!

    Followed you on GFC and Bloglovin! Your blog is so cute :)
    Ring-a-Round a Rosey

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Yes it's a great scent, I've now got my eye on some of the other Next perfumes available, especially Nude and Cashmere. They all smell so good and not at all tacky or cheap xx

      Delete
  2. This sounds lovely and excellent value for £10!
    Kirsty

    Prettybugblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Such good value! A 100ml bottle is £12 I think and 30ml is £7.50, so reasonable and it smells lovely xx

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to stop by! I read and reply to every comment and would love to hear what you think x