Sunday 3 November 2013

Sunday Gratitude | November 3rd 2013

                      
After having such a wonderful weekend I thought it would be nice to begin a new series on the Bluebird & the Robin, focusing on all the good things in life that I've been grateful for over the past seven days. They say that gratitude leads to contentment and happiness, so welcome to my new Sunday Gratitude feature!

While I haven't felt totally on top of the world this week there have been many moments for which I've been grateful, and choosing to focus on the good things has really helped me feel a whole lot better. Here's my roundup of this week's highlights!

I'm grateful for my Mum who has contributed so much to the wedding planning

My Mum has been brilliant this past week when it came to rearranging the wedding flower plans and stepping in to help us afford the necessary changes. She attended a flower meeting with me and helped clarify some flower related jargon that I wasn't too sure of! Without her help and generosity I'm not sure our wedding would be anywhere near as special as it's shaping up to be. 

I'm grateful for Chris's amazing bed making skills (!)

Chris's bed making technique brings a whole new meaning to tucked in! It's been so cold these past few nights that he's started making a duvet/multiple blankets nest so that our feet are never in danger of getting cold during the night! He's so good that we joked he should go and work in a hotel as he has such a knack for making beds! I just know that when we have kids they'll be asking for their Dad to tuck them in at night as my efforts don't even come close. 

I'm grateful for having the opportunity to study a subject I'm interested in

While uni can be very stressful it helps to remind myself how fortunate I am in being able to spend so much time studying a subject I love. This week I fell behind (again!) but tomorrow is a fresh start and I'm going to try to enjoy my work even when it gets hectic! Bring on Willy Shakespeare's Richard II!

I'm grateful for the free Elemis skin care set I received in the post!

There's nothing like a surprise gift to make you smile! The kind people over at Elemis sent me a little Christmas gift set that arrived at the perfect time as my skin has gone a little crazy this weekend. I can't wait to have a play with my new products!

I'm grateful for the beautiful fireworks display I attended 

It's something of a tradition to attend the annual fireworks display at Ally Pally, and after a few year's break (boo!)  the fireworks were back! It felt so nice to make our way there surrounded by so many other people all looking forward to the display. That sense of community is so uplifting! The fireworks were beautiful and it felt like a lovely way to mark winter's fast approach. Plus I got to take my new coat on it's first outing!

I'm grateful for my amazing friends and the delicious afternoon tea we shared today

Spending time with friends is a guaranteed mood lifter and Michaela, Marie-Claire, Victoria and I had so much fun this afternoon at the Athenaeum Hotel in Mayfair, in celebration of Michaela's engagement! We well and truly stuffed our faces with sandwiches, scones and cakes, and of course lots of cups of tea and hot chocolate. It was so nice to catch up and have a good gossip in such a beautiful setting! Plenty of photos were taken, obviously, including ones in the ladies toilets because the toilets were kinda awesome, haha. Look out for a blog post soon!

There you have it, six things I'm grateful for this past week. I chose to write up six as it's a nice even number, ha, but I'm sure I could ramble on for longer! It's amazing how addictive it becomes hunting out moments of gratitude. Have a go yourself and feel free to share, the more positivity the better! 

Wishing everyone a great week ahead, 

Baci e abbracci, 

                                                      post signature

2 comments :

  1. What a lovely idea for a post - we often forget to be grateful for the small things along side the bigger things. x My husband has amazing bed making skills, he always changes our sheets & I am very very grateful for that
    http://www.letstalkbeauty.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's definitely a brilliant skill! It's so true that we often forget to be grateful for the small things, and sometimes the small things are what bring us such contentment :) xx

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to stop by! I read and reply to every comment and would love to hear what you think x