Sunday 19 February 2012

Benefit goodies: Watt's Up, Sugarbomb, and Ultra Shines lipgloss

Ooh I do love a trip to the Benefit counter! I usually wait until special occasions to ask for products as gifts, as they can be on the pricey side, but they're so worth the money and I've got my eye on some items that I don't think I'll be able to wait for... 


My latest Benefit goodies were given to me as birthday/Christmas presents *thanks guys!* I was lucky enough to be given the new Watt's Up highlighter cream stick, Sugarbomb blusher and an Ultra Shines lipgloss in 'Foxy Lady'. 


If you're looking for a multi-tasker then Watt's Up is definitely it: I use it as a highlighter on my cheekbones and brow bones, as a cream eyeshadow and even on lips to add a little shimmer to colour. 


Benefit Watt's Up

Benefit Watt's up and Foxy Lady gloss 


I love the champagne gold colour and the creamy consistency of the highlighter; it makes for easy blending, as does the little sponge applicator on the bottom of the packaging (see pic above: on top is the highlighter stick, on bottom is the sponge applicator). 


Benefit Watt's up- creamy gold colour 


As for the lipgloss, I'm completely obsessed and repeatedly chased my mum around in the weeks leading up to Christmas making sure she knew the name of the colour I was lusting after :p I'm a huge fan of Benefit lipglosses, as they always feel nice and thick but not too sticky, and the pigmentation matches what you see in the tube. 'Foxy Lady' is a bright pink colour packed with shimmer, yet it's very wearable and not too punchy. I find it brightens up my skin if I'm looking particularly tired, and for that reason alone I love it! Definitely my fave lipgloss at the moment.



Ultra Shines gloss in 'Foxy Lady'- strong pink shimmer 

Benefit Sugarbomb blusher


Sugarbomb is another product I'd been lusting after for ages and my boyfriend surprised me with it for my birthday :) It consists of four powder blush colours: a light orangey-tan, a bright coral, a bright pink and a darker pink/mauve. When swirled together with a big fluffy bronzing brush (my favourite tool, it seems!) it delivers a gorgeous tanned, healthy colour to cheeks. It can, however, be easy to get carried away, and I have found that if I accidentally load too much colour on from the orangey section I end up looking a bit too tan (I'm very pale!)As long as you get a sweep from each of the four sections it should come out evenly when applied :) 


Next on my Benefit wish list is the new Hervana face powder and BADgal plum mascara, which is an old fave that I've run out of. Need to start saving those pennies! Watch this space! 


Hervana face powder

BADgal plum mascara





2 comments :

  1. Oh love the look of the lipgloss, strangely I've never used their lipglosses but I must give this a swatch the next time I'm passing their counter!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for commenting :)I've tried a few of their glosses in the past and couldn't resist this one! Great texture and colour x

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to stop by! I read and reply to every comment and would love to hear what you think x