Sunday 19 February 2012

In desperate need of hair help! John Frieda Full Repair range

As a regular hair highlighter (and sheepish haircut dodger) I dread having dry, frazzled hair. I've been on the lookout for some nourishing products to hopefully help revive my style... I'm hoping I can prolong a visit to the hairdressers for as long as possible, as it's so expensive! 


I came across the new Full Repair range by John Frieda when I was in Boots and decided to see what it could do for my lacklustre locks. First up, Full Repair Full Body Shampoo, Conditioner and Deep Conditioner Mask:


Shampoo & conditioner £5.69, Deep Conditioner £5.99 (Boots)


I'd like to point out how great these products smell! I can't quite describe it, other than to say it's a sweet but not fruity smell, a creamy kind of scent, kind of like fabric softener but in a good way! They smell like they'd be nourishing, which is a good sign :p The shampoo lathers up really well, producing lots of creamy bubbles and rinsing out easily. My hair felt smoother as soon as I'd rinsed the bubbles out, which I took to be a promising start. I used the Deep Conditioner next followed by the normal conditioner (top tip for intensive hydration: shampoo, deep condition, condition). The Deep Conditioner has a good thick consistency and easily spreads through hair. It rinsed out easily too, rather than sticking. The normal conditioner also felt very thick and creamy. After towel drying my hair I used some of the matching styling products:




Full Repair Perfect Ends serum, Styling Spray & Perfect Ends Sheer Mist 


The Perfect Ends serum (£6.99) is quite runny when squirted from the bottle so I'd suggest a very light push on the pump to start with! It was easy to comb through hair, as was the styling spray (£6.99) and the Perfect Ends Sheer Mist (£6.99), which I aimed at the ends of my hair rather than all over.


The result? Having blow-dried my hair I could see I had less fly-aways and the ends of my hair looked healthier. The dry fluffiness I usually experience was gone, and my hair felt smoother to the touch. I've been using the Full Repair range for a couple of weeks now and it definitely helps nourish dry hair while giving a good dose of shine. 




Full range of John Frieda Full Repair products at Boots

3 comments :

  1. I was going to ask you recently if you knew of any good hair repair products so that I can stop my insane conditioning ritual! And voila! You have answered my prayers, once again!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, now you can cut your conditioning down to twice rather than thrice :p The products are really nice, I can't get over the smell! x

      Delete
  2. I used an intensive repair conditioner from John Frieda and I'm thinking my hair is looking pretty snazzy today :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to stop by! I read and reply to every comment and would love to hear what you think x