Wednesday 26 June 2013

Review | Natural Collection Blushed Cheeks blushers

There are some products I return to again and again, and often it's the random bargain discovered during a bit of an eclectic shopping spree that stands the test of time. Natural Collection is arguably a rather neglected brand in the beauty world, the bargain bucket of Boots with plain white plastic packaging and super cheap prices. I'm certainly guilty of having overlooked the Natural Collection stand on many occasions in the past, but having discovered their Blushed Cheeks powder blusher pots Natural Collection has come to hold a special place in my beauty loving heart. 

Natural Collection Blushed Cheeks in 'Peach Melba' and 'Pink Cloud'



Each Blushed Cheek blusher delivers a beautiful matte flush of colour, has a soft powdery consistency that makes blending a doddle and lasts well throughout the day without disappearing by mid morning. For only £1.99 each these blushers are both a bargain and a staple essential in my make-up bag. I'm on my second pots of both shades pictured and my love for them is still going strong. 

I favour these little blusher pots when I want a natural look with minimal sparkle or shimmer. As much as I love shimmery blushers and bronzers sometimes I want something that will add a subtle hint of colour, and these are absolutely perfect for that. They're fairly highly pigmented and you only need one swipe of a blusher brush to catch a good amount of colour. 

'Peach Melba' is my favourite during spring and summer as it works on my pale skin as a gentle matte bronzer. I look much healthier with a little peach on my cheeks! I tend to pair it with nude lips and bronze-brown eyes. 

'Peach Melba' swatch 

'Pink Cloud' is perfect during autumn and winter if my skin is seeming dull and lifeless, although I also use this during summer for a pretty pink flush. I love the matte finish and the pure pink of the colour; there are no lilac undertones, which I've found in lots of other powder blushers. 

'Pink Cloud' swatch 

The only teeny tiny fault I can find with these is that the pans are quite shallow and they don't last as long as some other high street blushers. But I reckon they'd last a good few months if used every day and they're so cheap that I really don't mind having to restock every so often. It's worth it for the matte finish and natural colours available in the range. I'm faithful to these little beauties and have a new found respect for Natural Collection! 

Click here to view  Natural Collection's full range of Blushed Cheeks blushers 

11 comments :

  1. These look lovely, I never buy anything from Natural Collection but these have both been added to my pay day shopping list. I also like the idea of Peach Melba working almost like a bronzer as I am very pale! Thanks for the recommendation!

    http://www.nickisnickinackery.com
    Nicki x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No problem, I love using Peach Melba as a subtle bronzer, hope you enjoy it too!xx

      Delete
  2. Ahh I included Peach Melba in my June favourites. I've used Pink Cloud before too. Really gorgeous blushes for such good prices!

    Emma | World of dilEmma
    xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Such bargains aren't they! There are a couple other colours I'd like to try and at such a cheap price I can afford to experiment :) xx

      Delete
  3. I always always use these blushes, they are fantastic!
    X

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolutely adore Natural Collection Blushes! Need to get my hands on peach melba, that shade is to die for!!!!

    Great post!

    Rosie xo

    rosiemickhaiel.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't it lovely? Natural Collection is so underrated, so many great products!xx

      Delete
  5. I love how subtle they are, perfect for holidays or special occasions! Found you on twitter and am now a follower on both, love it :)

    sophisticatexx.blogspot.com

    Xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So subtle and a lovely matte finish :) xx

      Delete
  6. you should try the 'fashionista' blushes in superdrug. the same price and the pigmentation is incredible :) they also do customize palettes and baked blushes & bronzers similar to mac :) xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh I'll have to have a browse, thanks for the tip! I've heard good things about Fashionista :) xx

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to stop by! I read and reply to every comment and would love to hear what you think x