Thursday 6 June 2013

Take 5: Pink summer lips

The sky is blue, the sun is shining, the birds are singing... Summer has *finally* arrived! I tend to wear lots of pink shades throughout the summer months and I've rounded up my favourite five lip products for you to have a peek at. As I was snapping away taking photos I realised I really do have a bit of a thing for pink, but surely you can never have too many lipsticks/lipglosses? Of course not! 


First up is Revlon ColorStay Ultimate Suede in 'Socialite'. I'd wanted to try one of the Suede lipsticks for a while but all of the ones I swatched in-store seemed to be quite pearlescent, which isn't really my thing. Then I found 'Socialite' in Superdrug (£8.99) and instantly liked it. 


It's a mid-pink colour with a slight golden shimmer and it feels so light to wear. It settles to a matte 'suede' finish and doesn't budge for hours. 

Revlon Ultimate Suede 'Socialite'

Next up is MUA Makeup Academy lipstick in '11 Lotus'. Considering this sells for only £1 I'm extremely impressed. 


A darker pink-brown, with a creamy texture and strong pigmentation, this is so easy to wear. Plus it smells like vanilla, which is an added bonus. As it's a darker colour I tend to wear this in the evening and although it needs reapplying every few hours I don't mind considering the overall quality and price. 

MUA Makeup Academy 'Lotus' 

I've been a fan of Revlon Lip Butters since their initial release. With this in mind I recently purchased 'Berry Smoothie' (£7.99) and it's by far my favourite shade. It's a gorgeous juicy raspberry shade and reminds me of raspberry sorbet, due to its glossy finish. Yum! 


'Berry Smoothie' stays put for a good few hours before losing it's glossiness and it feels so comfortable and moisturising. I've been wearing this pretty much every day as it compliments most outfits and helps brighten up my rather pale face!

Revlon Lip Butter 'Berry Smoothie'

While browsing offers in Boots recently I came across a 3 for 2 deal covering Seventeen cosmetics and decided to pick up a few of their Mirror Shine lipsticks. I've included 'Belle' (£4.79) in this post as it's such a pretty tinted mid-pink. 


There's a little mirror hidden in the side of the lid that slides out, meaning you always have a mirror handy which is a nice touch. I really like how sheer this is and how moisturising it feels. 

Seventeen Mirror Shine 'Belle' 

My final favourite is by MAC. I love so many of their lipsticks and am desperate to get my hands on the hot pink Candy Yum Yum, but for now I'll make do with the following little pale pink beauty, 'Creme Cup' from the Cremesheen range (£14).


This is my perfect pale pink: creamy with a slight gloss finish. MAC lipsticks smell gorgeous and the packaging is sturdy and sleek. I think this may a case of saving the best until last!

MAC Cremesheen 'Creme Cup'

2 comments :

  1. I'm still yet to purchase my first lipstick but I have a feeling it may be Creme Cup! It's such a lovely shade! xo

    Megan Jane // Seek My Scribbles

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a great shade to start your lipstick journey with, natural but with great pigmentation and a comfortable finish :) xx

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to stop by! I read and reply to every comment and would love to hear what you think x