Thursday 6 June 2013

W7 Eyelust mascara: The one I've been searching for!

The full name of this AMAZING mascara is actually 'Eyelust: The Ultimate Mascara For Sexy Eyes' which is a bit of a mouthful, but a very valid claim! 



I've been searching for a good High Street mascara for the past three or four months and I've tried lots of different ones to no avail. From Seventeen's new Doll'd up mascara to Maybelline's latest Volum' Express The Mega Plush Mascara I just haven't found one that ticks all my boxes. When it comes to mascara I want one that lifts and curls, plumps and thickens, has strong black pigmentation and doesn't flake off during the day. I like lots of definition in order to open up my eyes and I like my lashes to be lengthened. Which is quite a big ask, perhaps, but I was determined to find a mascara that could do all of these things! I grew tired of clumping and of having to coat on four layers simply to get some sort of colour and definition on my lashes. 

Before stumbling upon a small pop-up beauty stall in my local shopping mall I'd never tried W7 cosmetics before, although I'd seen their products featured regularly in magazines. They aren't stocked in any major retailers as far as I'm aware, but after doing some research on trusty Google it seems various online shops sell their range of products. I decided to pick up an Eyelust mascara as it only cost £3 and I figured it might be a bit better than some of the others relegated to the bottom of my make-up bag. I am so so glad I did!

W7 Eyelust mascara in ''Blackest Black'

I tend to apply one coat before letting it dry and applying another and I am so pleased with the results. The pigmentation is excellent, extremely black and not at all chalky. The brush lifts lashes and adds a slight curl, as well as noticeably lengthening and adding definition. The formula doesn't clump at all and isn't brittle once dry. I've had no flaking and it's easy to remove with make-up remover at the end of the day. The only slight problem I've had is that because the brush is quite big it sometimes catches on my lash line which can hurt a little! And when that happens it can leave a trace of black above my lash line, but this is easy to remove. I'm not really a huge fan of the neon orange packaging but it's what inside that counts, right?

For only £3 this is definitely my favourite High Street mascara at the moment and it really does deliver the promised 'sexy eyes' noted on the tube (if you take sexy to mean curled, volumised, defined and clump-free!). I picked up a few other W7 items which I'll be reviewing soon as they seem to be a very good quality bargain brand. What's not to love?

2 comments :

  1. Hey sweetie, on the mascara front...I am a massive spender on mascara and have several (read about 4) in my makeup bag at the moment. I tried Volume Express and I didn't think it was worth the money at all!
    At the moment I use Clarins Instant Definition
    http://tinyurl.com/nsjf524
    Once I had got used to the oddly shaped wand- mostly I just wipe it at the end or run it around the rim - I have found that this is a really decent buy. It stays on all day even though it is not waterproof, and doesn't rub off. It comes off easily with wipes when you do want to take it off, but it builds up without clogging if you want to add extra layers.
    It does run like a mother when you burst into tears after thinking (wrongly, thank God) that you've lost your Year 12 coursework the day before moderation. Although, rather miraculously, it doesn't smear so a quick fix meant I was OK to do Parents' Evening not long after!
    Anyway, just thought I'd chime in like
    Mxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Eek, I'm glad you found your Year 12 coursework, that must have been seriously stressful :s Thanks for the recommendation, I'll have to give Clarins a go. I find it really difficult finding a mascara I absolutely love, although I used to use Benefit's Plum mascara which sounds a bit weird but is really, really nice. And I also like Lancome Hypnose... I think it might be time to leave the high street and invest!xxx

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to stop by! I read and reply to every comment and would love to hear what you think x