Thursday 13 June 2013

New obsession alert! Soap & Glory Peach Party multi-colour blush brick

I'm a sucker for anything Soap & Glory, especially their high quality cosmetics range. When they first released a selection of make-up items I spent £70 in one go... oops! While I managed to restrain myself from spending quite that much again this morning in Boots, I couldn't walk away without purchasing the new Peach Party multi-colour blush brick made up of  'Apricot Jam' peach, pink, gold and bronze shades. It's a brand new product and isn't on the Boots website yet so I couldn't link to it here, but I bought it for £11 in store and think it's well worth the money. 




Handy click-shut compact with mirror


Drooling! Pretty pretty pretty!

How beautiful?! I have the original Love At First Blush shimmer brick which is a collection of pinks and silver-white shimmers, and now they've brought out Peach Party, a beautiful blend of four shimmer shades: pale gold, pale rose gold pink, apricot gold, and rust-bronze. This is my perfect summer product, ideal for using as a blusher, bronzer and highlighter. Plus the individual shades also work very well as eyeshadows, which I discovered when testing it out earlier on today. I am totally in love! 




Each of the four shades is super pigmented and chocked full of subtle shimmer, and the powder blends so easily on skin. I use them combined with an extra rose dose of rose gold as blusher on the apples of my cheeks, then combined with an extra dose of rust-bronze to add a sun-kissed touch to my cheekbones. I also sweep a little of the lightest pale gold shade under my eyebrows and on my nose to highlight. A little goes a long way, especially with the darker bronze shade, but as the colours are easy to blend it isn't too difficult to rectify mistakes. As I'm quite pale this colour combo works excellently as a bronzer and gives a natural looking sun kissed effect. The lightest shade is fab at magicking up cheekbones! The rust-bronze would also work well for contouring, although I'm still sort of learning how to do that properly... it's a work in progress! I wasn't able to get a good photo of me wearing the blush brick on my face, but I can promise you it adds a really flattering wash of colour that catches the light beautifully. 

Here are some swatches on my arm for a closer look:

L-R: rust-bronze, apricot gold, rose gold, pale gold
All shades blended together (you can kind of see that the bronze is the strongest shade, so go easy when applying!) 

All shades combined on blusher brush
If you like a dose of shimmer in your blusher, bronzer or highlighter you're sure to love Peach Party. I feel so much healthier looking with it on! It lasts for hours once applied and comes with a mirror in the lid for touch-ups. I especially like that it comes in a plastic compact case that snaps shut, unlike Love At First Blush which came in a cardboard case that didn't close securely. This feels a little more expensive and glamorous, although it might be that all Soap & Glory powders are packaged this way now. 

What do you think? Are you a fan of Peach Party? It's definitely my new essential for summer. 

7 comments :

  1. this looks super pretty xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really is lovely, my favourite recent purchase :) xx

      Delete
  2. Love the peach and pink colours. May have to purchase.

    www.misslinnyo.blogspot.com

    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd definitely recommend it, lovely summer colours!xx

      Delete
  3. Sweet lord this product looks amazing! I haven't seen it mentioned before and it's got me so excited, I want to try it now! Great post!

    Rosie xo

    rosiemickhaiel.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really is a wonderful blush/bronzer/highlighter, a little goes a long way and as always with Soap & Glory the quality is brilliant :) So summery! xx

      Delete
  4. what kind of makeup brush is that? I love the clear handle

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to stop by! I read and reply to every comment and would love to hear what you think x