Saturday 1 June 2013

Look Beauty Fresh Cheeks in 'Guava'

First thing's first: I love this blush! I love this blush! I love this blush!

I'm usually a powder blusher kind of gal, but every once in a while I'm keen to try a cream formula, especially if I'm feeling particularly pale! Creams seem to give a greater pop of colour and this Look Beauty cream blush is now one of my everyday essentials. I found it in Superdrug on sale for half-price at £2.50 about a month ago and I wasn't really sure what to expect. I'd never used anything from the Look Beauty range before and I was't sure what the quality would be like. Alas, I am now a convert!

Fresh Cheeks cream blush in 'Guava'

I was drawn to the summery coral shade and the cute packaging (there's a little mirror on the back), and at only £2.50 on sale it seemed like a great deal. Initially I applied it with my fingers on top of foundation, but I've since found that using my Estee Lauder blusher blush works better at distributing the colour evenly and avoiding any tugging on the skin. I was instantly impressed with the pigmentation, as it gives a great flush of colour with only a gentle dab of my brush in the pan. 


I tend to use a high coverage foundation as I suffer from bouts of mild acne, and after applying foundation and powder I can appear quite pale and 'flat'. This blush really helps wake me up and complements my base. The consistency is creamy but not mousse-like, quite a solid texture and it blends extremely easily. Unlike powder blushes which tend to need layering, this gives great colour with one application. I simply load up the brush lightly and dab it on the apples of my cheeks. 


I've been using this daily for about a month now and there is still plenty of product left, making it great value for money. I absolutely love the coral colour and it's perfect for a summer blush. I'm ever so slightly obsessed! 

Pros 

  • Beautiful coral colour
  • Instantly brightens my face 
  • Easy to apply with blusher brush 
  • Only a small amount needed per application
  • Reasonable price at £5 (when not on sale)
  • Pretty packaging with mirror on back
  • Non-greasy/sticky
  • Lasts all day without the need for touch-ups 
  • Suits my super pale skin 
Cons

  • Erm..! I honestly can't think of any! My new beauty crush. 
Have you tried any Look Beauty products? I'll definitely be checking out the rest of the range next time I'm in Superdrug. 

Browse Look Beauty here

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to stop by! I read and reply to every comment and would love to hear what you think x