Saturday 1 June 2013

Nivea In-Shower Body Moisturiser Skin Conditioner

I have so many pots of body butter and bottles of body lotion in my bathroom that it's actually getting a little hard to walk from the door to the bath without knocking something over! I love the ritual of applying a nourishing cream post-bath but sometimes I just don't have time. Plus, it's annoying when you can't pull up your skinny jeans due to lotion leg! 

So when I spied this Nivea In-Shower Body Moisturiser Skin Conditioner (bit of a mouthful) in Boots recently I was intrigued. An in-shower body lotion that's quick to apply and doesn't require absorption time? Sold! But does it really work? 



There are two formulas available, one for normal skin and one for dry skin. I went for the dry skin one as sometimes after a bath or shower my skin can feel a little tight and itchy. After using my regular shower gel I squeezed out a small amount of this and applied it to wet skin, as directed on the back of the bottle. It's scented with the classic Nivea smell, very pleasant and quite sweet. The consistency reminds me of hair conditioner, making it perfect for using as a shaving cream as well as an 'in-shower' body lotion. Upon rinsing I noticed my skin felt soft and comfortable, and after drying my skin didn't suffer from any itching or 'tightness' that dry skin often suffers from when skipping body lotion. 

However, I'm not sure I'd say it's effects are comparable to a regular body lotion. My skin may not have felt tight when I got out of the bath but it definitely didn't feel as mosturised as it would with a regular lotion, and the effects weren't as long lasting. While my skin felt comfortable it didn't feel particularly nourished. It makes a great quick fix for busy mornings, but I don't think I'd use it regularly instead of a normal lotion, butter or cream. It's a great concept, but I sort of feel I'd get the same result by smothering myself in hair conditioner... Now there's something to try! 

Pros
  • Interesting concept 
  • Pleasant scent 
  • Leaves skin feeling comfortable
  • Quick and easy to use
Cons
  • Doesn't replace a normal body lotion in terms of long-lasting skin softness and nourishment
Have you tried Nivea's In-Shower moisturiser? Did you like it or did you wonder what the fuss was all about? 

Nivea In-Shower Body Moisturiser Skin Conditioner can be found at Boots, currently retailing at £3.54.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to stop by! I read and reply to every comment and would love to hear what you think x